Oxford Airport Information
ATZ:2 nm radius
Limits to 2000 ft aal
DME (OX):108.350 MHz
NDB (OX):367.5 KHz (25 nm)
VDF (APP):127.750 MHz
Runways 01/19:1319 m 11/29:760 m
PAPI Rwy 01: 3.5° LHS Threshold PAPI
Rwy 19: 3.1° LHS Threshold
Circuit and Noise Abatement
- When there is no overriding safety requirement, pilots are to avoid overflying the residential areas, including Blenheim Palace, surrounding Oxford aerodrome.
- After departing from Runway 01, climb ahead to 750 ft QFE (1000 ft QNH) or 1.5 DME OX, before turning on course. Pilots carrying out visual departures should endeavour to complete this turn before reaching the Mercury Satellite Station (at 1.5 nm). When turning right, pilots are to avoid overflying the village of Shipton-on-Cherwell.
- After departing from Runway 19, climb straight ahead to 750 ft QFE (1000 ft QNH) or 1 DME OX, whichever is earlier, before turning right. Aircraft intending to turn left, climb ahead to 1.5 DME OX (IFR) or until south of Yarnton Village (VFR), remaining clear, in all cases, of the Brize Norton CTR.
- After take-off from all other Runways, circuit and departing traffic must climb straight ahead to 750 ft QFE (1000 ft QNH) before turning on course. Circuit height for fixed-wing aircraft is 1200 ft QFE (1450 ft QNH).
- Whenever possible aircraft joining the circuit should, subject to ATC approval, plan to join on base leg or via a straight-in approach, giving way to traffic already established in the circuit.
Disclaimer: This page is for information only – you should always check with official sources for up to date information before flying.